Saturday, May 1, 2010

More Severe Mercy

Blow upon blow. Tragedy after tragedy. I joked that they could write another "Series of Unfortunate Events" and model it after my life, or that of my family and yet it isn't necessarily untrue. More events have unfolded leaving me bewildered and confused. Does God really bring such suffering on people? And yet these two things have been developing in my mind, a Severe Mercy and the Hound of Heaven. I cannot put them fully into words now, but in all this, even in these new blows, this was and is a severe mercy and it may just be that each new thing though terrible is purposeful and this is really all a big trap laid by the Hound of Heaven.

1 comment:

  1. Here's a link to the poem from which "Hound of Heaven" is taken. Love you! http://www.houndsofheaven.com/thepoem.htm

    ReplyDelete